Volunteer Recruiter & Organizer
The Volunteer Recruiter and Organizer will recruit new volunteers to Sea Change/the resistance movement and assist with planning and executing volunteer activities.
- Oversee the development and execution of a volunteer recruitment program to directly increase our number of voter contacts.
- Build relationships/partnerships with other organizations.
- Represent Sea Change at events and conferences with tabling or recruiting opportunities.
- Use online recruitment tools.
- Train volunteers.
- Plan and execute canvasses, phone banks, and other events.
- Communicate regularly with volunteers.
- Maintain and update an existing volunteer database.
- Outstanding communication and writing skills.
- Campaign experience, particularly field work.
- Experience working with/managing volunteers.
- The desire to flip the House and support Democratic candidates for office.
- Knowledge of NGP and PDI is a plus.
Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Summer Youth Program Director
Sea Change is launching a Youth-to-Youth summer program that will provide young people with the resources and support they need to have a direct impact on this year’s historic midterm elections.
The Youth Director will oversee the program, providing supervision, structure and support to a group of 30-40 young people. This is a contract, summer position based in Los Angeles.
- Oversee the development and execution of a program consistent with the Sea
- Change mission that engages young people in Los Angeles and the 25th
- Congressional district.
- Schedule speakers and oversee the development of engaging presentations that further the participants’ understanding of campaigns,
- organizing/outreach, and the election process.
- Recruit and supervise a staff of 3-4 assistants.
- Manage the program budget and maintain records needed for program administration.
- Be available to facilitate activities with youth participants, build relationships, and support.
- Oversee participant recruitment and outreach.
- Experience with youth programming in a community-based setting.
- Experience with campaign and/or organizing work.
- Experience supervising staff.
- A strong commitment to supporting youth.
- Access to a reliable car.
- Excellent communications skills.
Submit resume and cover letter describing your experience working with youth to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intern with us!
Sea Change is looking for interns to help us organize and train volunteers, put on events, and help get out the vote in the 2018 midterms.
Internships are open throughout the year and hours are flexible, although interns must be able to help in our Culver City office during regular business hours and/or at evening/weekend events.
Course credits are available along with invaluable, hands-on work experience. We are a small staff so there will be lots of opportunities to play a leadership role on projects and make a big difference in the 2018 midterm elections.
Responsibilities may include working with other resistance groups and reporting on their activities and initiatives; conducting research; writing; assisting with social media; communicating with and organizing volunteers; answering incoming calls and emails; and helping with daily office operations. Ideal candidates are mature, detail-oriented, and motivated. Candidates should also possess the ability to prioritize tasks under tight deadlines, work well with others, and have a good rapport with volunteers. Spanish language and graphic design skills are a plus!
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.