Volunteer Recruiter & Organizer
The Volunteer Recruiter and Organizer will recruit new volunteers to Sea Change/the resistance movement and assist with planning and executing volunteer activities.
- Oversee the development and execution of a volunteer recruitment program to directly increase our number of voter contacts.
- Build relationships/partnerships with other organizations.
- Represent Sea Change at events and conferences with tabling or recruiting opportunities.
- Use online recruitment tools.
- Train volunteers.
- Plan and execute canvasses, phone banks, and other events.
- Communicate regularly with volunteers.
- Maintain and update an existing volunteer database.
- Outstanding communication and writing skills.
- Campaign experience, particularly field work.
- Experience working with/managing volunteers.
- The desire to flip the House and support Democratic candidates for office.
- Knowledge of NGP and PDI is a plus.
Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Intern with us!
Sea Change is looking for interns to help us organize and train volunteers, put on events, and help get out the vote in the 2018 midterms.
Internships are open throughout the year and hours are flexible, although interns must be able to help in our Culver City office during regular business hours and/or at evening/weekend events.
Course credits are available along with invaluable, hands-on work experience. We are a small staff so there will be lots of opportunities to play a leadership role on projects and make a big difference in the 2018 midterm elections.
Responsibilities may include working with other resistance groups and reporting on their activities and initiatives; conducting research; writing; assisting with social media; communicating with and organizing volunteers; answering incoming calls and emails; and helping with daily office operations. Ideal candidates are mature, detail-oriented, and motivated. Candidates should also possess the ability to prioritize tasks under tight deadlines, work well with others, and have a good rapport with volunteers. Spanish language and graphic design skills are a plus!
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.